Christ Church, Anglican (3rd Line/Huntley, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Christ Church, Anglican (3rd Line/Huntley, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


Services in Huntley were held as early as 1825. Christ Church is thought to have been built in November 1838 on land donated by Mr. John Cavanagh for a church and burial ground. A fire destroyed the rectory and church fencing in 1870, leaving the stone church untouched. An addition to the burial ground was made in 1918 and was consecrated on July 8, 1919 by Bishop John Charles Roper. The church was redecorated for the centenary celebrations in 1938. Bishop E.S. Reed dedicated a new parish hall in October of 1962. The Memorial Extension to the church was dedicated by Bishop William James Robinson on May 13, 1973. In 1988, the 150th anniversary was marked. The Parish of Huntley is comprised of Christ Church, 3rd Line/Huntley, St. John's, 6th Line/Huntley, and St. James', Carp.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places