Central Methodist Church (Windsor, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Central Methodist Church (Windsor, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1868-1925

History

Central Methodist Church was established ca. 1868 as a Wesleyan Methodist Church, formerly named Windsor Avenue Church. A church, built in 1873, was located at the corner of Windsor Avenue and Chatham. The building was destroyed by fire in January 1904. That same year a new building was constructed at the current location of Central United Church at 628 Ouelette Avenue. The church entered the United Church in 1925 and was named Central United Church, which is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC