Carmel Presbyterian Church (Hensall, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Carmel Presbyterian Church (Hensall, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1848-1925

History

Carmel Presbyterian Church in Hensall, Ontario was originally established as the Warrensville Church in 1848, located north of Concession 1, Tuckersmith Township. In 1875, the church was renamed Rodgerville Presbyterian Church and it served in a two point pastoral charge with Chiselhurst. In 1887, Rodgersville Presbyterian Church moved to a new church in Hensall, named Carmel Presbyterian Church.In 1925, the majority of the congregation voted to become part of the United Church of Canada and established the Hensall United Church; the minority decided to form a continuing Carmel Presbyterian Church.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC