Fonds F1657 - Carlow Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Carlow Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1657

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1998 (Reproduction)
    Reproducer
    United Church of Canada Archives
    Note
    Microfilmed
  • 1868-1953 (Creation)
    Creator
    Carlow Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

7 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925-ca. 1969)

Administrative history

Carlow Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925, though it was originally referred to as Fort Stewart Pastoral Charge; formerly Presbyterian; it included points in Carlow and Mayo Townships, including Fort Stewart, Craigmont, Boulter, Boundary, McArthurs Mills, Hermon (now New Hermon), and New Carlow; ca.1969, Carlow Pastoral Charge combined with Bancroft Pastoral Charge to form Bancroft-Carlow Pastoral Charge.

Carlow Presbyterian Pastoral Charge traces its origins to the 1860s and the establishment of the North Hastings Mission; by the 1870s, Carlow and Mayo was identified as a separate mission; at various times, this mission included Carlow, Hermon (now New Hermon), McArthurs Mills, Bessemer, Fort Stewart, New Carlow, Boundary, and Craigmont; it entered the United Church in 1925, where it was at first sometimes referred to as Fort Stewart Pastoral Charge.rt Pastoral Charge.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of three record books: (1) Re: Carlow and Mayo congregations: list of missionaries, 1868-1914; list of church officials, 1868-1898; membership list, ca.1868-1881; Carlow congregational meetings minutes, 1873-1890, 1892, and 1898; Carlow baptismal records, 1878-1895; communion roll (Carlow, Long Lake, and Hermon), 1883-1891; Session minutes, 1891-1905; communion roll (Boulter and Hermon), 1898; and financial records, 1875-1898; (2) Session minutes of Carlow Presbyterian and Calow United Church Pastoral Charges, 1904-1933; and (3) 'Ministers Book of Information,' containing a history of the field, maps of the area, names of church officials, lists of church members, funerals, annual reports of summer students, etc., 1917-1953.

Notes area

Physical condition

No damage - no need for restoration or copying

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Parts of the textual records are availavle on microfilm reel LCM-202: positive and negative; 35 mm. For a listing of these records, see the LCR Microfilm Shelf List. LCM reels are available through Inter-Library Loan.

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use microfilm where available

Finding aids

Bay of Quinte Conference - finding aid 287

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.410L

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area