Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Caledon Mountain Trout Club is a private fishing club established in 1901, and is located in the Town of Caledon, Regional Municipality of Peel, Ontario.
The Caledon Mountain Trout Club was established as the Caledon Mountain Trout Company on July 22, 1901; the name was changed to Caledon Mountain Trout Club on August 23, 1901. The club owns and operates fish hatcheries and pounds for trout fishing by its members as well as for sale of fish and fish eggs to other clubs, hatcheries and retailers. The Club also offers accommodation and recreational facilities to its members.
The Club remained a share corporation until 1926, when shares were exchanged for Club memberships. It is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership, assisted by a Property Manager, a House Managers (responsible for accommodation) and a small Committee structure.
In addition to Caledon, the Caledon Mountain Trout Club originally owned property in Erin Township, Wellington County.