- CA ON00373 MG 45-M010.6
- [ca. 1900]
Photograph showing the first and only location of the Edgeley post office which was also the general store. It was located on the south east corner of Thornhill Sideroad and the Fifth Concession of Vaughan Township, Ontario, now Hwy. 7 and Jane St. Mr. L. Arthur Whitmore, postmaster and general store owner, is seen here putting groceries in a buggy. In the buggy on the right is his father-in-law, William Reid, an Edgeley blacksmith, who was ready to leave for Concord to pick up the mail from the train at the Thornhill station. The Edgeley post office and store was closed on July 12, 1960. It was demolished when Jane St was widened and paved in 1965.