Buildings and structures

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Buildings and structures

Equivalent terms

Buildings and structures

Associated terms

Buildings and structures

98 Archival description results for Buildings and structures

98 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Downtown Revitalization "Norwich Plan" Research and Correspondence

File consists of research and correspondence related to the Port Hope Board of Trade and their interest in implementing the "Norwich Plan" for downtown revitalization, 1962-1975. It includes: a sample store front painting; information from the Community Planning Association of Canada (CPAC); correspondence between the Port Hope Board of Trade and other communities (i.e. St. Thomas, Peterborough, and Oakville); hand-written notes regarding the plan; information regarding group insurance for the Port Hope Board of Trade; planning proposal from Benjamin Moore Co. Ltd., "Walton Street Improvement Scheme" draft; draft proposals (including paint samples); and a copy of "The Norwich Plan for Downtown Restoration."

Fulford, Edward Lightle

Downtown and Harbourfront Study

Series consists of newspaper clippings, and correspondence related to a study of the Downtown and Harbourfront areas of Port Hope, 1978-1988.

Edgeley, Ontario post office

Photograph showing the first and only location of the Edgeley post office which was also the general store. It was located on the south east corner of Thornhill Sideroad and the Fifth Concession of Vaughan Township, Ontario, now Hwy. 7 and Jane St. Mr. L. Arthur Whitmore, postmaster and general store owner, is seen here putting groceries in a buggy. In the buggy on the right is his father-in-law, William Reid, an Edgeley blacksmith, who was ready to leave for Concord to pick up the mail from the train at the Thornhill station. The Edgeley post office and store was closed on July 12, 1960. It was demolished when Jane St was widened and paved in 1965.

Edward "Ted" Fulford fonds

  • CA ON00154 2016.16
  • Fonds
  • 1907-1975

Fonds consists of papers and artifacts related to various Port Hope organizations, the Fulford Bros. Dry Goods Store, and the Downtown Revitalization "Norwich Plan," c1907-1975. For more detailed information, please refer to series-level descriptions.

Fulford, Edward Lightle

Engineering Studies and Consultants' Reports

Contains reports and studies prepared primarily by consultants for Engineering Division and other City departments related to a variety of projects. Topics include traffic, water treatment, landfills, soil quality, and urban planning, among others. Most reports are post-1970 but the series also includes reports prepared for the former Cities of Fort William and Port Arthur.

Exhibition Stadium Corporation fonds

  • ON00421 RG 5
  • Fonds
  • 1946-1987, predominant 1975-1987

The records of the Exhibition Stadium Corporation, RG 5, are arranged and described at the series and sub-series levels and consist of 5.4 metres of textual and photographic material, one bound volume, and 72 architectural plans and sets of plans. The fonds documents the operation, management and maintenance of Exhibition Stadium, by the Exhibition Stadium Corporation and its Board of Management, from 1975 to 1987.

The fonds is divided into 6 series: General Manager's Files, Traffic and Stadium Operations Manager's Files, Board of Management Files, General Ledger, Photographs, and Architectural Plans.

Exhibition Stadium Corporation

File 6 - Bramalea Civic Centre

File consists of photographs of the City of Brampton city hall for the era, including architecture, dancer Tambra Highstreet at Pearson Theatre, Kwakiutl statue, aerobics, blood donor clinic, raffle, ice skating, Ticketmaster lineup for a Michael Jackson show, pumpkin sale, and a photograph exhibit by George Beshiri at the Brampton Public Library and Art Gallery.

Robson, Steve

George Morrison fonds

  • CA ON00210 99
  • Fonds
  • [ca. 1978]

Fonds consists of 161 colour slides documenting various synagogues in Toronto and the outlying region.

Morrison, George

Georgian Manor Home for the Aged fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1954-2010

Fonds consists of Georgian Manor Home for the Aged records.

Fonds is arranged in the following series:

Administration
Development and Planning
Finance and Accounting
Legal Affairs
Media and Public Relations
Miscellaneous
Social and Health Care Services

Georgian Manor Home for the Aged

Halls: Odd Fellows'

Oddfellows Hall was located at the north east corner of Dundas Street and Clarence Street in downtown London. Main floor was occupied by Nordheimer Piano Company for many years.

Historic Port Hope Quilt Wall Hanging

  • CA ON00154 2009.19.2.1
  • Item
  • 1984

Item is a quilted wall-hanging, showing buildings of Port Hope. The buildings depicted on the quilt are as follows: Dunain, Belgrave's Water Tower (Greenwood Towers), The Octagon House, Pinehurst, The Bluestone, The Cone, St. Mark's Anglican Church, Port Hope Harbour, Town Hall, Robert Mitchell House, Forge Cottage, Chapel at Trinity College School, Walton Street, Viaduct, Ganaraska River, Wimbourne, North American Hotel, Methodist Church, United Church, CN Railway Station and The Belvedere. It was created by Betty Kerr (d. 2001) in 1984 to celebrate Port Hope's Sesquicentennial.

Kerr, Elizabeth (Shuttleworth)

Hoffman family fonds

  • CA ON00210 6
  • Fonds
  • 1946-1981

Fonds consists of correspondence, ledgers, publications, home movies and architectural drawings relating to the family life, business and community activities of Max and Celia Hoffman. There are three series: Business Series, Community Activities Series and Personal Series.

Hoffman (family)

John Doran collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-22
  • Collection
  • [1950s]

15 images rescued from the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf in the 1980s. The images date from the early 1950s and are pasted on to card. They were used in teaching children at the school. They depict buildings in Belleville, Ontario: the Armouries; the Government Dock (printed image from a brochure); Deacon Brothers Ltd. (printed image of the Dundas Street site); postcard of Victoria Park and Belleville Harbour (taken from the City Hall tower); the Tabernacle United Church (b/w photograph); Belleville Public Works Department (b/w photograph); Belleville City Hall and Belleville City Council Chamber (2 b/w photographs); Shire Hall [demolished 1961] and Hastings County Council Chamber (2 b/w photographs); group of children standing behind Belleville Police Station, with Armouries in rear (b/w photograph); St. Thomas Church from the south (b/w photograph); Pump House (b/w photograph); Hastings County Registry Office (b/w photograph); the Baptist Church on Pinnacle Street/Victoria Avenue (b/w photograph).

The collection also includes a colour print of 'Keep BCI in the Picture' a reproduction of 'East Side, West Side' by Eve Lucy, printed by Market High as part of the campaign BCIVS 2000, commiteeted to keeping the Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School building as part of the Belleville landscape.

Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf

John Turnbull fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1823-1897

The fonds contains the papers of John S. Turnbull of Belleville, Ontario. Enclosed in the first file is a description of the property of a Mr. Forrin; a notice instructing Mr. Turnbull to pay Mr. James Anderson eleven pounds, ten shillings by Mr. James Turnbull; and a description of the west side of Front Street. The second file consists of items relating to Turnbull's estate including a list of properties he owned, a list of personal effects, the last will and testament of Margaret Campbell, the first and final wills of John Turnbull, and documents pertaining to a dispute over his estate by his family after his death, there is also a map of mineral reserves in Marmora. The third file is composed of various real estate contracts, the fourth file consists of real estate deeds, while the fifth file is made up of real estate leases.

Turnbull, John

Martha Ann Kidd fonds

  • CA ON00334 F90
  • Fonds
  • 1817-1997

Research collection of Martha Anne Kidd, local Peterborough historian, relating to her work with Peterborough Architectural Conservation Advisory Committee (PACAC), Peterborough Historical Society, Peterborough Planning Committee, as well as numerous research notes and papers on the preservation of historic buildings, the Ontario Heritage Act, and Heritage Canada..

Series A Historical Preservation in Ontario (Files 1-101), 1932, 1967-1991

Series B Heritage Planning in Peterborough (Files 102-166), 1962-1991

Series C Heritage Tourism and Promotion (Files 167-230), 1968-1978
Includes brochures for many committees promoting heritage and tourism, particularly in Central and Eastern Ontario; documents related to the Roy Studio Collection promotion(1996-1998); original sketches and planning with Tim Jackson (1984); Heritage Peterborough (1985-1987); Jackson Park Pagoda Project (1987) including historical research from the 1890s.

Series D Historic Properties (Files 231-300)
Photographs, historical research and materials relating to streetscapes and identified houses and buildings in Peterborough and surrounding areas; includes information from CIHB and HABS, c. 1970; PACAC bylaws (1974-1986)

Series E Peterborough Biographies (Files 301-400)
Historical research on Peterborough individuals, (including all architects) and families as well as records relating to the Peterborough Historical Society.

Series F Mixed Items (Files 401-461)
Highlights include: Dobbin Index to Industries (1913), Dr. Hutchison Register of Births (1817), Langton Letters (1834-35), Prime Time Profiles.

Series G Peterborough Despatch (Files 462-564)
Copies of news articles (1848-1860) on subjects such as: Peterborough Town Council, bylaws, elections, politics, Peterborough people, agriculture, amusements, businesses, organizations, fires and fire brigade, military, religion, sports, transportation; births, marriages, deaths

Series H Ashburnham Maps and Plans (Files 565-580), 1850-1903

Series I Peterborough Fire Insurance Plans (Files 581-600), 1882, 1889, 1911, 1929
Also includes Peterborough County and Town maps

Series J Martha Ann Kidd and the Heritage Movement (Files 601-657)
News features on Martha Ann Kidd, correspondence; papers relating to her husband, Kenneth Kidd, a professor of Archaeology at Trent University.

Series K Ashburnham and Peterborough City Collector’s Rolls and Directories (Files 658-702)
Copies of Ashburnham Collector Rolls (1861-62), copies of Ashburnham Directories (1858, 1864, 1865-66, 1870, 1876, 1883-84, 1894-95, 1897, 1901, 1903, 1904, 1905, 1907, 1908, 1909, 1910, 1912, 1913, 1914), copies of Ashburnham Assessment Rolls (1874, 1882, 1889, 1899, 1900), copies of Ashburnham Voter’s Lists (1863, 1878), copies of Peterborough City Directories (1851, 1858, 1870-71, 1876, 1883, 1888, 1895, 1897, 1913).

Series L Peterborough Street Index (Files 703-772) Photographs and descriptions to various properties.

Series M Peter J. Stokes Photographs (Files 773-779), 1969
Photographs and negatives relating to the downtown district of Peterborough.

Series N Photographs and Postcards (Files 780-834)
A vast photograph and postcard collection depicting residents, properties, and events in Peterborough townships including Lakefield, Chandos, Harvey, Otonabee/Keene, Asphodel, Dummer, Douro, Smith/Ennismore as well as Stoney Lake. Materials relating to surrounding counties such as Victoria and Northumberland should also be mentioned.

Series O Negatives (Files 835-924)

Series P Street Series (Files 925-1407), 1970s
Collection includes historic summaries of various street names in downtown Peterborough, as well as a detailed street by street pre-1890 building inventory featuring many photographs of Peterborough properties as well as owner history.

Series Q Canadian Inventory of Historic Buildings (CIHB) Reports (Files 1408-2863)

Series R Mixed Items (Files 2864-)

Kidd, Martha Ann, 1917-2012

Molson Mill Digital Photographs

Series consists of one (1) DVD-ROM including seventeen (17) images of Molson Mill, 2015. It contains images of both the exterior and interior of the mill building, taken during the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario Port Hope Branch's 50th Annual House Tour, 3 Oct 2015.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, House Tour

Results 41 to 60 of 98