Buildings and structures

Taxonomia

Código

Nota(s) de âmbito

Mostrar nota(s)

Termos hierárquicos

Buildings and structures

Termos equivalentes

Buildings and structures

Termos associados

Buildings and structures

98 Objeto informacional results for Buildings and structures

98 resultados diretamente relacionados Excluir termos específicos

Works Department fonds

  • ON00421 RG 6
  • Fundo
  • 1879-1987, predominant 1950-1985

The records of the Works Department, RG 6, are arranged and described at the series level, with corresponding file and item lists, and consist of 6 metres of textual and photographic material, 1 scrapbook of newspaper clippings, 442 items/sets of architectural plans, and 10 artifacts. The fonds documents the activities of the Works Department in fulfilling its mandate to implement the Exhibition Place capital works program; maintain all Exhibition Place equipment, buildings and property; and to provide services to concessionaires, renters, exhibitors and other Exhibition Place departments.

Series RG 6-0-1, Works Manager's Files, RG 6-0-2, Assistant General Manager of Operations Files, RG 6-0-8, General Services Manager's Files and RG 6-0-9, Maintenance Manager's Files, form a continuum of records documenting the day-to-day management and operation of the Works, General Services and Maintenance Departments.

Series RG 6-0-3, Electrical Department Files, RG 6-0-4, Building Files, RG 6-0-5, Capital Project Files, RG 6-0-6, Photograph Albums, RG 6-0-7, Architectural Plans, RG 6-0-11, CNE Department of Works Scrapbook, illustrate the many facets of the capital works program at Exhibition Place, directed by the Works Department, and the constant evolution of the CNE grounds and buildings.

In addition to textual material, the fonds includes some unique artifacts, series RG 6-0-10, a collection of zinc printing plates designed by the Works Department to produce general floor plans of CNE Buildings that could be customized with the details of specific jobs or projects.

Works Department

Halls: Odd Fellows'

Oddfellows Hall was located at the north east corner of Dundas Street and Clarence Street in downtown London. Main floor was occupied by Nordheimer Piano Company for many years.

Photographs

Series consists of photograhs depicting the people and places of early Vaughan as well as the post offices throughout Vaughan Township (Norberta wrote a book Chatting About the Post Offices of Vaughan Township, Ontario, published 1983), Norberta was also a long-time journalist with the Woodbridge and Vaughan News and thus some of the photos she used in her articles can also be found in this series.

Paul Edell fonds

  • CA ON00210 5
  • Fundo
  • [191-]-1964

The fonds consists of records related to Paul Edell's business and community activities. Included is business and synagogue correspondence, property documents, certificates and a ledger book.

Edell, Paul

Stuart N. Keyes Limited fonds

  • CA ON00274 Stuart N. Keyes Limited fonds
  • Fundo
  • 1950-1997

Fonds consists of records from five decades of architectural and technical projects around Simcoe County undertaken by the Stuart N. Keyes Ltd. architectural firm in Orillia.

Fonds is arranged in the following series:

Architectural Projects
Technical Projects
Office Resources

Stuart N. Keyes Limited

Sunset Manor Home for the Aged fonds

  • Sunset Manor Home for the Aged fonds
  • Fundo
  • 1961-2001

Fonds consists of records of the Sunset Manor Home for the Aged, a long term care facility. It is arranged in the following series:

Administration
Council and Legislative Services
Finance and Accounting
Human Resources
Legal Affairs
Media and Public Relations
Protection and Enforcement Services

Sunset Manor Home for the Aged

George Morrison fonds

  • CA ON00210 99
  • Fundo
  • [ca. 1978]

Fonds consists of 161 colour slides documenting various synagogues in Toronto and the outlying region.

Morrison, George

John Doran collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-22
  • Coleção
  • [1950s]

15 images rescued from the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf in the 1980s. The images date from the early 1950s and are pasted on to card. They were used in teaching children at the school. They depict buildings in Belleville, Ontario: the Armouries; the Government Dock (printed image from a brochure); Deacon Brothers Ltd. (printed image of the Dundas Street site); postcard of Victoria Park and Belleville Harbour (taken from the City Hall tower); the Tabernacle United Church (b/w photograph); Belleville Public Works Department (b/w photograph); Belleville City Hall and Belleville City Council Chamber (2 b/w photographs); Shire Hall [demolished 1961] and Hastings County Council Chamber (2 b/w photographs); group of children standing behind Belleville Police Station, with Armouries in rear (b/w photograph); St. Thomas Church from the south (b/w photograph); Pump House (b/w photograph); Hastings County Registry Office (b/w photograph); the Baptist Church on Pinnacle Street/Victoria Avenue (b/w photograph).

The collection also includes a colour print of 'Keep BCI in the Picture' a reproduction of 'East Side, West Side' by Eve Lucy, printed by Market High as part of the campaign BCIVS 2000, commiteeted to keeping the Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School building as part of the Belleville landscape.

Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf

Port Hope Architectural & Historical Inventory

File consists of an architectural and historical inventory of Walton Street between Mill Street and Pine Street. Booklet created by Jane Staunton, Karen Ingram and Lynn M. Flatley. The inventory includes pictures, maps and research completed by LACAC. Also an index of block numbers, building names, and dates. Each block has a short history written on it, including architectural characteristics, architect, location and year of building.

Long, Norman Thomas

Belleville Fire Department collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-29
  • Coleção
  • 1910-2015

Materials collected by the Belleville Fire Department from members and former members of the department. They include photographs, correspondence, press clippings and fire call logs.

Historic Port Hope Quilt Wall Hanging

  • CA ON00154 2009.19.2.1
  • Item
  • 1984

Item is a quilted wall-hanging, showing buildings of Port Hope. The buildings depicted on the quilt are as follows: Dunain, Belgrave's Water Tower (Greenwood Towers), The Octagon House, Pinehurst, The Bluestone, The Cone, St. Mark's Anglican Church, Port Hope Harbour, Town Hall, Robert Mitchell House, Forge Cottage, Chapel at Trinity College School, Walton Street, Viaduct, Ganaraska River, Wimbourne, North American Hotel, Methodist Church, United Church, CN Railway Station and The Belvedere. It was created by Betty Kerr (d. 2001) in 1984 to celebrate Port Hope's Sesquicentennial.

Kerr, Elizabeth (Shuttleworth)

Canton United Church 75th Anniversary Booklet

Item is a commemorative booklet for the 75th Anniversary of the Canton United Church (the brick structure), 1951. The booklet includes short history about congregation, buildings, cemetery and organizations.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario CNR Station Renovation Papers

  • CA ON00154 995.7
  • Fundo
  • 1977-1986

Fonds consists of the papers created throughout the process of renovating the old Canadian National Railway station in Port Hope, c1977-1986. The project was supervised by the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch. Please refer to series-level descriptions for more detailed information.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch

Port Hope Hospital Blueprints

  • CA ON00154 2015.84
  • Coleção
  • 1915

Fonds consists of four (4) blueprints/floor plans of the Port Hope Hospital that was located on Ward Street, c1915. The blueprints were created for the construction of the "old" hospital by Ellis & Ellis Architects, Toronto. They include: First Floor, Second Floor, East Elevation, and South Elevation.

Port Hope & District Hospital

Resultados 21 a 40 de 98