Buildings and structures

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Buildings and structures

Equivalent terms

Buildings and structures

Associated terms

Buildings and structures

98 Archival description results for Buildings and structures

98 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

"Canadian House & Home" Magazine, 2010

Item is one (1) edition of "Canadian House & Home" Magazine, Feb 2010. It includes a feature article of a renovated Port Hope home (68 Cavan Street) completed by Alan de la Vigne, p. 54.

Lambert, Marielle (Bennett)

"Old Ontario Houses Traditions in Local Architecture"

Item is an edition of "Old Ontario Houses, Traditions in Local Architecture," 2000. Publication includes photo, location and a brief description/caption for each house found in the book. This book contains information on Port Hope houses (see pages 64, 65, 73, 78 and 91).

Lambert, Marielle (Bennett)

"Port Hope on Foot" Pamphlet

File consists of two "Port Hope on Foot" walking tour booklets. 1 is for King Street (No. 1) and the other for Dorset Street (No. 2). 1) Book outlines architectural features and historical notes about the street. Houses include Canada House (168 King Street), Captain's Houses (east side of King Street), Grand Trunk (CNR Viaduct), CPR Viaduct, Little Bluestone (117 King Street), Georgian Townhouse (92 King Street), Waddell House (88-90 King Street), Bluestone (21 King Street), R. Charles Smith House (61 King Street), Clemes Duplex (57-59 King Street), Wickett House (55 King Street), Caldwell House (46 King Street), J. Clarke House (St. Mark's Rectory ) (53 King Street), St. Mark's Church (51 King Street), William Smith House (33 King Street), The Benjamin Clarke House (29 King Street), Hume House (22 King Street), Read House (20 King Street), William Mitchell House (18 King Street), The Long's "White House" (15 King Street), Clarke House (13 King Street), Robert Mitchell House (8 King Street), Halton House (5 King Street) and The Honour Block (2 King Street at Ward). 2) Book outlines architectural features and information about the street. Houses include The Hotel (43 and 45 Dorset Street West), 67 Dorset Street West, 71 Dorset Street West, 73 Dorset Street West, 75 Dorset Street West, Lakeview Terrace (77-83 Dorset Street West), 74 Dorset Street West, 76 Dorset Street West, Patterson House (80 Dorset Street West), Perry House (84 Dorset Street West), Wimbourne (89 Dorset Street West), Jones House (94 Dorset Street West), Bletcher House (96 Dorset Street West), 97 Dorset Street West, 98 Dorset Street West, Bredon House (105 Dorset Street West), Muidar (108 Dorset Street West), Randall House (107 Dorset Street West), Strathy House (110 Dorset Street West), The Cone (115 Dorset Street West), Dillon House (120 Doset Street West), THe Carriage House (150 Dorset Street West), Culverwell House (138 Dorset Street West), Terralta Cottage (160 Dorset Street West), Parsons Cottage (166 Dorset Street West), 172 Dorset Street West, Hillcrest (175 Dorset Street West), Homewood (188 Dorset Street West).

"The Bluestone House" Blueprints

Series consists of three (3) blueprints of "The Bluestone House," created by Creighton Withers, 1918-1920 and 1930. The blueprints include the layout of three floors of the house, including the basement; and contain the following text: "The Bluestone' Port Hope, Ontario Built in 1834 by J.D. Smith, Esq. Owned and occupied by grand-daughter Mrs. Creighton Withers. Measured and drawn by Creighton Withers, Architect 1918-1920 and 1930."

49th Annual Port Hope House Tour

Item is a ticket and brochure for the ACO's 49th Annual Port Hope House Tour. The tour occurred on 3 October 2014 and this is ticket number 1362. Inside, there is a message from the co-chairs as well as major Thompson. In addition there is a map depicting the location of each house on the tour. The following properties were included in the tour: 28 Bedford Street (Crawley House), 14 Cumberland Street, 9 Church Street (William Trick Cottage or Dorothy's Cottage), 245 Ridout Street, 15 Sullivan Street, 15 Victoria Street, 78 Victoria Street, 66 Pine Street S., 39 Mill Street, 36 Princess Street, and St. Mark's Parish Hal

Lambert, Marielle (Bennett)

50th Annual Port Hope House Tour Tickets

File consists of two (2) tickets and information booklets from the 50th Anniversary Port Hope House Tour, hosted by the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario Port Hope Branch, 3-4 Oct 2015. The tour included: The Cone (115 Dorset Street West), Wimborne (89 Dorset Street West), 110 Dorset Street West, 82 Pine Street South, 76 John Street, Bloomsbury (2 Baldwin Street), Craig House (42 Bedford Street), Molson Mill (284 Hope Street North), Terralta (160 Dorset Street West), Thomas McCreery House (78 Augusta Street), Cawthrone House (64 Augusta Street), Coach House (39 Pine Street South), Metcalfe Terrace (134-136 Walton Street), Palmer House (23 Shuter Street), 25 Shuter Street, Log Cabin (284 Hope Street North).

Lambert, Marielle (Bennett)

ACO Port Hope Branch House Tour Papers

  • CA ON00154 2006.45
  • Fonds
  • 1968-2014

Fonds consists of the papers of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch's House Tour Committee, 1974-2004. For more detailed information, refer to series-level descriptions.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch

ACO Port Hope House Tour Booklets

Consists of two ACO house tour pamphlets; one for 1968, the other for 2012. The following places were featured in the 1986 tour; Idalia, Dunain, Batterwood House, Durham House, Mr. and Mrs. R.L. Cartwright's House, The Port Hope City Dairy, The Port Hope Town Hall, Bluestone, St. Mark's Church, Dr. and Mrs. Robert McDerment's House, Trinity College School and Port Hope's Main Street. The following were featured in the 2012 house tour; 1 Barrett Street (owners: Rod Stewart and Masumi Suzuki, Home of: Victoria Rolph) 20A Barrett Street (owners: Rod Stewart and Masumi Suzkui, home of: Helen Bone) 15 Bloomsgrove Avenue (owners: Marielle and Will Lambert), 56 Deblaquire Street North (owners: Carrol Dizenbach and Hugh Levin), 4 Ellen Street (owners: Katherine and Greg Mcharg), 55 King Street (owners: Nancy Sanderson and Michel Sylvestre), 153 King Street (owners: Laurie Carr and Julie Mavis), 98 Ontario Street - Penstowe (owners: Betty Ann and Larry Knutson), Trinity College School - Levan Hall, Trinity College School - Visual Arts Wing.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, House Tour

ACO Port Hope House Tour Minutes

  • CA ON00154 995.6.6
  • Series
  • 1988-1994

Series consists of minutes and other papers regarding the running of the 1988 and 1994 ACO House Tours respectively.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, House Tour

ACO Port Hope House Tour Posters & House Information

  • CA ON00154 995.51
  • Series
  • 1983-2001

Series consists of House Tour information for the following properties: 65 Thomas Street, Coach House at Hill and Dale, 8 Baldwin Street, 71 Augusta Street, 59 King Street, "Muidar;" and House Tour posters from the following years: 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1992, 2001.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, House Tour

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario CNR Station Renovation Papers

  • CA ON00154 995.7
  • Fonds
  • 1977-1986

Fonds consists of the papers created throughout the process of renovating the old Canadian National Railway station in Port Hope, c1977-1986. The project was supervised by the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch. Please refer to series-level descriptions for more detailed information.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario House Tour Booklet

Series consists of two ACO house tour pamphlets; one for 1968, the other for 2012. The following places were featured in the 1986 tour; Idalia, Dunain, Batterwood House, Durham House, Mr. and Mrs. R.L. Cartwright's House, The Port Hope City Dairy, The Port Hope Town Hall, Bluestone, St. Mark's Church, Dr. and Mrs. Robert McDerment's House, Trinity College School and Port Hope's Main Street.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Quinte Region Branch fonds

  • CA ON00156 MG 635
  • Fonds
  • 1983-2002

Contains mostly the Quinte Branch newsletter but also a number of walking tours of Belleville and Picton. Some of the minutes from meetings are also included as are some newspaper clippings associated with historic buildings of the region.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Quinte Branch

Belleville Fire Department collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-29
  • Collection
  • 1910-2015

Materials collected by the Belleville Fire Department from members and former members of the department. They include photographs, correspondence, press clippings and fire call logs.

Building Permit Registers

Outlined in By-law 325 (1903), the duties of the Building Inspector included the examination of construction of buildings and repairs, making the Office of the Building Inspector a likely candidate for the responsibility of the Fort William building permit registers. Through reviewing annual reports (Series 16) it appears that the office of the Building Inspector came under the direction of the Fire Water and Light Committee.

Arranged numerically by year and permit number, registers (Between 1912 and 1972) generally include the following details:
permit number, date, owner, information on the location of the building including lot, block, plan, street and address, a description of the building including construction details of walls, foundations and roof, the names of architect/contractor and plumber/electrician, the costs of the construction, any fees charged and the purpose of the permit. Monthly summaries give the
totals for different categories of construction such as duplexes, single dwellings, sheds, commercial and institutional buildings.

The earliest building permits (1907-1911) do not include details regarding the contractor, builder, plumber or electrician, but still provide a description of the purpose of building and value attached to the construction.

This series consists of bound volumes with details of construction completed under a permit number. There is no index to permit numbers, by name or property. Researchers must know the approximate year of the construction for a property in order to search, page by page, for the street address.

Building of the Port Hope Hospital Papers

Series consists of material pertaining to the building of the Port Hope & District Hospital. It includes: Several rolls of hospital building plans and specifications; Construction Disbursements Ledger, 1955-1963; Records of contributions to the Building Fund; Minutes of the Building Committee, 1956-1958; Survey Analysis and Plan for the Port Hope and District Hospital prepared by G. A. Brakeley & Co., 1962; Hospital Building Fund, 1963-1966; Journal of Construction.

Port Hope & District Hospital

Results 1 to 20 of 98