Fonds F1902 - Bruce Mines Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Bruce Mines Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1902

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1892-1965 (Creation)
    Creator
    Bruce Mines Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 microfilm reels: positive and negative: 35 mm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925-)

Administrative history

Bruce Mines Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925, formerly union. It initially included Bruce Mines and Cloudslee; ca. 1938 Cloudslee became part of Rydal Bank Pastoral Charge and Port Lock (now Port Law) and Desbarats joined Bruce Mines.

Bruce Mines, located at 18 Williams Street in Bruce Mines, was established in 1925, fomerly Union. The Methodists had been in Bruce Mines for some time before establishing a chufch in 1905. The Presbyterians started having services in the community in 1890 and a church was erected in 1894. In 1917, the Methodists and Presbyterians formed a Union church with services being held in the Methodist building. The church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Port Lock United Church was established in 1925, formerly a union church. It closed ca. 1953.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of Quarterly Official Board minutes of Bruce Mines Methodist Circuit (includes Bruce Mines, Cloudslee), 1906-1917; baptisms, 1905-1917, marriages, 1896-1917, 1919, of Bruce Mines's Presbyterian Pastoral Charge (includes Bruce Mines, Rydal Bank); Woman's Christian Temperance Union minutes of Bruce Mines's Union Church (includes Bruce Mines Methodist Church), 1916-1925; records, including baptisms, 1903-1951, marriages, 1896-1965, burials, 1903-1953, of Bruce Mines Pastoral Charge (includes Bruce Mines Methodist Circuit, Bruce Mines Union Circuit (includes Bruce Mines, Cloudslee, Rydal Bank), Bruce Mines, Cloudslee, Port Lock (now Port Law), Desbarats), 1896-1965; Board and Committee minutes of Port Lock United Church (now Port Law) (includes Port Lock Presbytereian Church, Port Lock Union Church), 1892-1952

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Access to baptismal, marriage and burial registers may be restricted according to relevant privacy legislation.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected

General note

Condition: No damage - no need for restoration or copying

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.577L

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area