Belleville Harbour Commission

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Belleville Harbour Commission

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1840-1961

History

The Belleville Harbour Commission was established in 1889 by the Harbour Commissioners Act, Chapter 35. The Harbour Commissioners and Mayor were to appoint the Harbour Master with the approval of the Minister of Marine and Fisheries. The harbour and Port of Belleville were afforded the ability to collect harbour dues in 1870 through a by-law enacted by the Treasury Board of Canada. After the charter of the Commission in 1889, the by-laws and regulations were approved by the Governor General in 1911 and they were carried forward in 1947.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Entered by Nicholas VanExan, June 22, 2015.

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC