Title and statement of responsibility area
Beauchamp Truck Bodies fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00075 MG 297
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[ca. 1900]-[ca. 1930] (Creation)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Established in 1886, Beauchamp Truck Bodies manufactured and distributed wagon and truck bodies for various businesses. Located at the corner of Russell Road and River Road, Hurdman's Bridge, Beauchamp Truck Bodies operated until the land it operated on was bought for park use by the National Capital Commission in 1962.
Given to donor in the late 1950's by Wilfrid Beauchamp (1903?-1984), son of the original owner of the company, J.W. Beauchamp.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of a number of photographs showing completed trucks and wagons produced for various companies by Beauchamp Truck Bodies. Examples include Kemp's Dairy, Wm. Sylvester Florist and Walker's Biscuits.
Immediate source of acquisition
Fonds donated in 1990 by Mike Smith.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Reference copies of some photographs retrievable by subject.