Fonds F1590 - Bancroft-Carlow Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Bancroft-Carlow Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Sound recording

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1590

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1998 (Reproduction)
    Reproducer
    United Church of Canada Archives
    Note
    Microfilmed
  • 1884-1997 (Creation)
    Creator
    Bancroft-Carlow Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

26 cm of textual records
6 microfilm reels : positive and negative
2 audio cassettes

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Bancroft-Carlow Pastoral Charge was formed ca.1969 upon the union of Bancroft Pastoral Charge and Carlow Pastoral Charge; it included Bancroft (St. Paul's), Baptiste (St. Matthew's); L'Amable (St. Andrew's), Boulter (Carlow), and (New) Hermon (Mayo). Bancroft Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925; formerly Methodist and Presbyterian; it included Bancroft (St. Paul's), Monk (now Monck) Road (until the 1930s only), Baptiste (St. Matthew's), Paudash (until ca. 1958 only), Detlor (Grace, from 1931 to ca.1968), and L'Amable (St. Andrew's); it was discontinued ca.1969 when it merged with Carlow Pastoral Charge to form Bancroft- Carlow Pastoral Charge.

Name of creator

(1925-ca. 1969)

Administrative history

Carlow Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925, though it was originally referred to as Fort Stewart Pastoral Charge; formerly Presbyterian; it included points in Carlow and Mayo Townships, including Fort Stewart, Craigmont, Boulter, Boundary, McArthurs Mills, Hermon (now New Hermon), and New Carlow; ca.1969, Carlow Pastoral Charge combined with Bancroft Pastoral Charge to form Bancroft-Carlow Pastoral Charge.

Carlow Presbyterian Pastoral Charge traces its origins to the 1860s and the establishment of the North Hastings Mission; by the 1870s, Carlow and Mayo was identified as a separate mission; at various times, this mission included Carlow, Hermon (now New Hermon), McArthurs Mills, Bessemer, Fort Stewart, New Carlow, Boundary, and Craigmont; it entered the United Church in 1925, where it was at first sometimes referred to as Fort Stewart Pastoral Charge.rt Pastoral Charge.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of Quarterly Board minutes, 1884-1917, of Bancroft Methodist Circuit (includes Bancroft, Vankleek's, Bronson's, Paudash, Monk (now Monck) Road, and Egan Creek); records of St. Paul's Methodist Church in Bancroft, 1901-1922; records, including baptisms, 1878-1895, of Carlow and Mayo Presbyterian Pastoral Charge (includes Carlow a nd Mayo,Long Lake, Hermon [now New Hermon]), 1868-1914; records, including baptisms, 1886-1918, and marriages, 1896-1917, of L'Amable Presbyterian Mission (includes L'Amable, Turriff, and Bancroft), 1886-1922; records, including baptisms, 1900-1967, marriages, 1899-1960, and burials, 1899-1965, of Bancroft Pastoral Charge (includes Bancroft Methodist Circuit, Bancroft, Monk (now Monck) Road (until the 1930s only), Baptiste, Paudash (until ca.1958), Detlor (from 1931 to ca.1968), and L'Amable), 1897-1967; records of Carlow Pastoral Charge (includes Fort Stewart Pastoral Charge, Carlow Township, Mayo Township, Fort Stewart, Craigmont, Boulter, Boundary, McArthurs Mills, Hermon [now New Hermon], New Carlow), 1904-1953; marriages, 1960-1972, and communion rolls, 1918-1973, of Bancroft-Carlow Pastoral Charge (includes Bancroft Methodist Circuit, Bancroft Pastoral Charge, Bancroft, Baptiste, L'Amable, Boulter, and (New) Hermon), 1918-1973; records of St. Paul's United Church in Bancroft (includes St. Paul's Methodist), 1909-1997; records of St. Andrew's United Church in L'Amable (includes St. Andrew's Presbyterian), 1903-1976; a Home Mission record book, 1930, from Detlor United Church Mission (includes Detlor, L'Amable, Turriff, and Ormsby); Woman's Association minutes, 1953-1961, and audio cassette recording of the 100th anniversary service of Grace United Church in Detlor; and records of St. Matthew's United Church in Baptiste, 1939-1960.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Microfilm copy of all of the original records in this fonds (relating to Bancroft) are available on 6 microfilm reels (positive and negative); microfilm copies of original records not held by the United Church Archives are also included; see finding aid for details.
Parts of the textual records are availavle on microfilm reel LCM-202: positive and negative; 35 mm. For a listing of these records, see the LCR Microfilm Shelf List. LCM reels are available through Inter-Library Loan.

Restrictions on access

Access to baptismal, marriage and burial registers may be restricted according to relevant privacy legislation.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use microfilm where available

Finding aids

Bay of Quinte Conference - finding aid 287

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Includes former Fonds 1657: Carlow Pastoral Charge

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.353L

Accession

1977.410L

Accession

1995.010L/audio cassette

Accession

1998.020L/audio cassette.

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area