Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Atwood Pastoral Charge (Ont.)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Atwood Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925; formerly Methodist. It includes Atwood, Donegal and Trowbridge United Churches.
Trowbridge Pastoral Charge, a three-point charge inlcuding Mayne, Molesworth, and Trowbridge United Churches, was formed in 1925 and later amalgamated with Atwood Pastoral Charge ca. 1950.
Atwood United Church, located at 131 John Street in Atwood, was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. Atwood Methodist Church was formed in 1871 and was located one half mile north of the village. A new building was erected at the corner of John and King streets in 1916. The congregation joined the United Church in 1925. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.
Molesworth United Church was established in 1925; it closed ca. 1949
Donegal United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. The Methodist Church formed in 1864 with the congregation first being a preaching point of the Elma Mission, 1863-1864. For a time it was known as "Foster's Congregation". A church was built in 1864 and it was then became Donegal Methodist Church. It joined the United Church in 1925. It closed in 2014.
Trowbridge United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. Trowbridge Methodist Church was formed in 1854. The first church was built in 1858. It joined the United Church in 1925. The congregation disbanded in 2015.