Fonds CONG-204 - Armour Heights Presbyterian Church (Toronto, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Armour Heights Presbyterian Church (Toronto, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00313 CONG-204

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1938-1998 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1.88 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Armour Heights Presbyterian Church began with services in Armour Heights Public School in 1948 and the congregation was formally established in 1950. Property was acquired on Wilson Avenue and the church building was completed in 1952. The Rev. W. Scott Duncan was inducted as the congregation's first minister in 1954, serving until 1976. In 1953 Armour Heights became a self-sustaining congregation. In 1962 a two-story addition was added to the church for the Sunday School and gymnasium and another two-story addition in 1995 enlarged the narthex area and provided additional space for the Sunday School. In 1999 the congregation acquired an adjacent property for use as a future manse.

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of Session minutes, Communion Rolls and other records of Armour Heights Presbyterian Church and the amalgamated Melrose Park Presbyterian Church. Records of Armour Heights consist of an Order of Service (1952) and an Annual report (1973). Records of Melrose Park Presbyterian Church consist of: Session minutes (1938-1981); Communion Roll (1939-1963, 1974-1983); Congregational Meeting minutes (1938-1949, 1963, 1967, 1981, 1983, 1985-1987); Annual Reports (1940-1949, 1952, 1954-1956, 1958-1980, 1984, 19986, 1989); Board of Mangers minutes (1937-1944, 1950-1965) and other records.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Notes Session minutes are restricted for a period of 50 years from the date they were written.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A file list is available. See FA-4000T at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres