Fonds CONG-403 - Amos Presbyterian Church (Dromore, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Amos Presbyterian Church (Dromore, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00313 CONG-403

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1984 and microfilmed 1987, 1998 (originally created 1892-1998) (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 reels of microfilm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Amos Presbyterian Church in Dromore, Ontario was founded in the mid-1800s. A church building was constructed in 1864 on property donated by Mr. and Mrs. George and Margaret Amos. The first minister called to the church was the Rev. H. Crozier. Prior to 1878 the congregation was linked with the congregations in Fairbairn and Holstein as a three-point charge. After 1878 it was linked with Knox Presbyterian Church, Normanby in a two-point charge. In 1962, the two congregations were once again linked with Holstein in a three-point charge. The original church was replaced with a brick building in 1884.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of microfilm copies of the following minutes, registers and other records of Amos Presbyterian Church in Dromore, Ontario: Baptisms (1892-1992); Marriages (1940-1998); Burials (1981-1998); Session minutes (1946-1998); Communion rolls (1979-1997); and Annual Reports (1968-1998). The fonds also consists of a brief history about the church written in 1984, which is not on microfilm.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Notes Session minutes are restricted for a period of 50 years from the date they were written.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A file list is available. See FA-4000D at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres