Fonds - Allenwood Women's Institute fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Allenwood Women's Institute fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1907-2000 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1.5 m of textual material 1 microfilm reel

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Allenwood Branch of the Women's Institute was formed in February 1907. The first president was Mrs. James McDermott, and the first secretary was Mrs. Jack Northgraves. The first meeting was organized and held in the basement of the Allenwood Church with fourteen members joining. February 6, 1957 was the fiftieth anniversary of the Allenwood Women's Institute. The celebration took place in the United Church basement with Saurin, Crossland and Van Vlack Institutes, approximately seventy two guests registered. The seventy fifth anniversary was held on May 8, 1982 at the Bayshore Senior Citizens Club, Woodland Beach. A potluck supper was enjoyed by all members, their families and many former Allenwood Women's Institute members.

Custodial history

The records of the Allenwood Women's Institute were generally in the possession of the current secretary of the Institute until they were transferred to the Simcoe County Archives.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of minute and cash books, Tweedsmuir Histories and scrapbooks of the Allenwood Women's Institute. Fonds consists of the following series: Minute and Cash Books Tweedsmuir Histories Scrapbooks

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Records were transferred to the Simcoe County Archives by members of the Allenwood Women's Institute.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Microfilm copies of the Allenwood W.I. Tweedsmuir Histories are available at the Simcoe County Archives.

Restrictions on access

Open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

An item list is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

General note

Simcoe County Archives

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres