Title and statement of responsibility area
All Saints' Anglican Church (Niagara Falls, Ont.) fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
17 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The history of All Saints' church begins with the arrival of Rev. William Leeming in 1820 in the Drummondville area. In 1830 Rev. F.W. Miller arrived to assist Rev. Leeming. Around 1836 the two clergymen had a falling out, resulting in Rev. Miller erecting a "chapel of ease", St. George's on Main Street. The new chapel drew parishioners from Holy Trinity, Chippawa, as well from Rev. Leeming's followers. Following Rev. Miller's death in 1847, Caroline Miller, his sister, deeded St. George's to Rev. Leeming. That structure was taken down and a new All Saints' church was built on Robinson Street in 1856. Robinson and Main Streets intersect. The dedication of the Robinson Street church took place on 1 November 1857 which consecration following on 19 July 1863 with the Bishop of Toronto officiating. For a more complete history see the pamphlet All Saints Church (1990) in Envelope 3 of the fonds.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of parish registers containing statistical records, financial registers and other documents. It also contains records for two churches that preceded it in the area: St. John's, (Stamford, Ont.) and St. George's (Drummondville, Ont.).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Most of the fonds has been microfilmed on 3 reels, numbered 201-203.
Restrictions on access
Researchers are requested to use the microfilms. They must also sign an agreement of use form.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Further accruals are expected.
Title based on content of fonds.
Fonds on deposit. Ownership of the fonds resides with All Saints' Church.