Fonds - All Saints' Anglican Church (Niagara Falls, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

All Saints' Anglican Church (Niagara Falls, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1836-1915 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

17 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The history of All Saints' church begins with the arrival of Rev. William Leeming in 1820 in the Drummondville area. In 1830 Rev. F.W. Miller arrived to assist Rev. Leeming. Around 1836 the two clergymen had a falling out, resulting in Rev. Miller erecting a "chapel of ease", St. George's on Main Street. The new chapel drew parishioners from Holy Trinity, Chippawa, as well from Rev. Leeming's followers. Following Rev. Miller's death in 1847, Caroline Miller, his sister, deeded St. George's to Rev. Leeming. That structure was taken down and a new All Saints' church was built on Robinson Street in 1856. Robinson and Main Streets intersect. The dedication of the Robinson Street church took place on 1 November 1857 which consecration following on 19 July 1863 with the Bishop of Toronto officiating. For a more complete history see the pamphlet All Saints Church (1990) in Envelope 3 of the fonds.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of parish registers containing statistical records, financial registers and other documents. It also contains records for two churches that preceded it in the area: St. John's, (Stamford, Ont.) and St. George's (Drummondville, Ont.).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Most of the fonds has been microfilmed on 3 reels, numbered 201-203.

Restrictions on access

Researchers are requested to use the microfilms. They must also sign an agreement of use form.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

General note

Title based on content of fonds.

General note

Fonds on deposit. Ownership of the fonds resides with All Saints' Church.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres