Fonds CONG-6 - Alexandra Presbyterian Church (Brantford, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Alexandra Presbyterian Church (Brantford, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00313 CONG-6

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • Microfilmed 1993, 1994 (originally created 1845-1991) (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

4 cm of textual records 2 reels of microfilm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Alexandra Presbyterian Church, Brantford, Ontario was organized in 1845 as the Wellington Street United Presbyterian Church. In 1878, a new church building was erected and the name was changed to First Presbyterian Church, Brantford. The name was again changed to Alexandra Presbyterian Church in 1901, when land was purchased on the corner of Peel and Colborne Streets and a new church was built. In 1912, this building was transformed into a Sunday School and a new church was built next to it. The congregation of Alexandra Presbyterian Church voted to remain within The Presbyterian Church in Canada at the time of Church Union in 1925.

Name of creator

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of minutes, registers and other records of Alexandra Presbyterian Church, Brantford, Ontario. These records, which are predominantly on microfilm, cover the dates c.1840-1994. Specifically, the fonds consists of Session minutes (1845-1991); baptisms (1847); communion rolls (c.1840-1870); minutes of the Presbyterial Commission appointed to deal with the question of church extension (1900-1901); two congregational history books (one written in 1945 and the other in 1994); annual reports for 1953 and 1987; an Order of Service for the 100th Anniversary "Mortgage Burning" Ceremony, October 28th, 1945; and a pastoral letter written in 1979 by the Minister, The Rev. Robert Robinson, and the Clerk of Session, Mr. Douglas Hayman, concerning the dispute between the Brant Board of Education and the Elementary School Teachers.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Notes Open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A file list is available. See FA-4000B at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area