Fonds CONG-461 - Albion Gardens Presbyterian Church (Toronto, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Albion Gardens Presbyterian Church (Toronto, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00313 CONG-461

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1957-[197-] and microfilmed 1991, 2002 (originally created 1957-2000) (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 reels of microfilm 1 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Albion Gardens Presbyterian Church in Toronto, Ontario was established in late 1957. The first church service was held on Oct. 6th in Albion Gardens Public School and the congregation was formally established on Dec. 15. The Rev. Frank Slavik was appointed as minister to the new congregation. He also served the congregation at Pine Ridge until 1959. In that year, the congregation also began construction of a church building, which was opened Dec. 14, 1961. Rev. Slavik served until 1963 and was followed by Rev. John Carr (1963-1970), Rev. James Crabb (1970-1974), Rev. Victor Raisin (1974-1982), Rev. Lorna Raper (1982-1987), Rev. John Taylor (1987-1993), Rev. Sarah Kim (1995-2001), and since 2001, Rev. Marion Schaffer.

Name of creator

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of the following records (some of which are microfilm copies) of Albion Gardens Presbyterian Church in Toronto, Ont: Baptisms (1957-1990); Marriages (1964-1990); Burials (1963-1989); Session minutes (1957-2000); Congregational Meeting minutes (1958-1991); Communion Rolls (1962-1991); Annual Reports (1963, 1967); and an Order of Services for the opening of the congregation (1957).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Notes Session minutes are restricted for a period of 50 years from the date they were written.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A file list is available. See FA-4000T at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area