Archief CONG-4 - Alberton Presbyterian Church (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Alberton Presbyterian Church (Ont.) fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

archiefbewaarplaats

referentie code

CA ON00313 CONG-4

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • Microfilmed 1982-1994 (originally created 1855-1960) (Vervaardig)

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

3 reels of microfilm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

Institutionele geschiedenis

Alberton Presbyterian Church, Ontario, was established ca. 1855. The congregation was also known as the United Presbyterian Church of Ancaster West, and with the formation of the Canada Presbyterian Church in 1861, as the Canada Presbyterian Church of Ancaster West. The congregation was joined with the congregations in Ancaster Village and Ancaster East (Carluke) as a three-point charge until 1870. With the union of the various branches of Presbyterianism in the country in 1875, the church in Alberton became part of The Presbyterian Church in Canada. In 1925, the congegation voted against joining the United Church of Canada.

Naam van de archiefvormer

Naam van de archiefvormer

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

Fonds consists of minutes, registers and other records of Alberton Presbyterian Church, Alberton, Ontario. These records, which are on microfilm, cover the dates 1855-1960. Specifically, the fonds consists of Session minutes (1855-1960); Congregational and Board of Manager's meeting minutes (1881-1917); baptisms (1856-1875, 1977-1991); members list (c.1860); communion roll (1857-1946); minutes of the Alberton Branch, Upper Canada Bible Society (1959-1903); and collections received (1855-1862).

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Notes Session minutes are restricted for a period of 50 years from the date they were written.

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

A file list is available. See FA-4000A at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres