Fonds CONG-4 - Alberton Presbyterian Church (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Alberton Presbyterian Church (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00313 CONG-4

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • Microfilmed 1982-1994 (originally created 1855-1960) (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 reels of microfilm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Alberton Presbyterian Church, Ontario, was established ca. 1855. The congregation was also known as the United Presbyterian Church of Ancaster West, and with the formation of the Canada Presbyterian Church in 1861, as the Canada Presbyterian Church of Ancaster West. The congregation was joined with the congregations in Ancaster Village and Ancaster East (Carluke) as a three-point charge until 1870. With the union of the various branches of Presbyterianism in the country in 1875, the church in Alberton became part of The Presbyterian Church in Canada. In 1925, the congegation voted against joining the United Church of Canada.

Name of creator

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of minutes, registers and other records of Alberton Presbyterian Church, Alberton, Ontario. These records, which are on microfilm, cover the dates 1855-1960. Specifically, the fonds consists of Session minutes (1855-1960); Congregational and Board of Manager's meeting minutes (1881-1917); baptisms (1856-1875, 1977-1991); members list (c.1860); communion roll (1857-1946); minutes of the Alberton Branch, Upper Canada Bible Society (1959-1903); and collections received (1855-1862).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Notes Session minutes are restricted for a period of 50 years from the date they were written.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A file list is available. See FA-4000A at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area