Alberton Presbyterian Church (Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Alberton Presbyterian Church (Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Alberton Presbyterian Church, Ontario, was established ca. 1855. The congregation was also known as the United Presbyterian Church of Ancaster West, and with the formation of the Canada Presbyterian Church in 1861, as the Canada Presbyterian Church of Ancaster West. The congregation was joined with the congregations in Ancaster Village and Ancaster East (Carluke) as a three-point charge until 1870. With the union of the various branches of Presbyterianism in the country in 1875, the church in Alberton became part of The Presbyterian Church in Canada. In 1925, the congegation voted against joining the United Church of Canada.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places