Fonds CONG-3 - Ailsa Craig Presbyterian Church (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Ailsa Craig Presbyterian Church (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00313 CONG-3

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • Microfilmed 1984 (originally created 1871-1984) (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

0.5 cm of textual records 4 reels of microfilm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Ailsa Craig Presbyterian Church was organized on November 17, 1870. The first minister was The Rev. J. Rennie, who continued to serve the congregation until 1888. The first church building to house the congregation was built in 1871. This church was replaced with a newer one in 1929.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of minutes, registers and other records of Ailsa Craig Presbyterian Church, Ontario. These records, which are predominantly on microfilm, cover the dates 1871-1984. Specifically, the fonds consists of a small booklet noting the ministers that preached at the church from 1888-1899; an Annual Report for 1935; and several Orders of Service. The records on microfilm consist of Session minutes (1872-1972); Congegational Meeting minutes (1871-1967); a cradle roll (1935-1978); marriages (1897-1924); communion rolls (1894-1946); a members roll (1897-1908); expenditures book (1871-1968); annual reports (1896-1984, with gaps); Women's Missionary Society minutes, reports and accounts (1884-1984); Ethel Elliott Evening Group minutes (1957-1982); and a congregational history booklet entitled "Reach Out: 1870-1970".

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Notes Session minutes are restricted for a period of 50 years from the date they were written.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A file list is available. See FA-4000A at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres