Forme autorisée du nom
Aikenhead Hardware Co
Forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
Aikenhead Hardware began as a Ridout's Hardware Store at the corner of King and Yonge Streets in 1830 in York, Upper Canada. The store became Ridout, Aikenhead and Crombie in 1868. By 1893, the store had moved to Adelaide Street East and Thomas E. Aikenhead had taken over as sole owner and the company became known as Aikenhead Hardware Co. By 1905, Aikenhead's had moved to Temperance Street and was reorganised as a limited stock company known as Aikenhead Hardware Limited. Successive members of the Aikenhead family ran the company until it ceased operation in the 1990s.