Aikenhead Hardware Co

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Aikenhead Hardware Co

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Aikenhead Hardware began as a Ridout's Hardware Store at the corner of King and Yonge Streets in 1830 in York, Upper Canada. The store became Ridout, Aikenhead and Crombie in 1868. By 1893, the store had moved to Adelaide Street East and Thomas E. Aikenhead had taken over as sole owner and the company became known as Aikenhead Hardware Co. By 1905, Aikenhead's had moved to Temperance Street and was reorganised as a limited stock company known as Aikenhead Hardware Limited. Successive members of the Aikenhead family ran the company until it ceased operation in the 1990s.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC