Ahoghill Loyal Orange Lodge #230

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Ahoghill Loyal Orange Lodge #230

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Ahoghill Loyal Orange Lodge #230 was originally founded in 1838 with a new warrant being issued to North Dorchester, Ontario area in April, 1848. The lodge was moved to Crumlin (now a part of London, Ontario) on February 23, 1850 and was named Ahoghill after the Irish home-town of some of the founders. The lodge initially met in a brick lodge room erected just east of Crumlin; beginning in 1888, meetings were held in the Orange Hall at 866 Adelaide Street North in London, Ontario. The earliest known officers (1888) were: Bro. Samuel Clare – Worshipful Master Bro. Hans Walker – Deputy Master Bro. William Walker – Chaplain Bro. William Brett – Recording Secretary Bro. Robert Clare – Financial Secretary Bro. John Walker – Treasurer

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC