St. James in the Valley United Church was established in 1959 as part of the Blezard Pastoral Charge with Larchwood Memorial, Dowling and Chelmsford. The congregation held its first service in Val Caron public school on November 22, 1959 and then held services at Hanmer Public Schools No. 1 &2. In 1960, the congregation purchased a building and a manse in the Val Therese community. It is located at 4510 Tate Boulevard. It became a single point charge in 1963.It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.