Calvary United Church was created in 1968 through the union of Calvary Memorial Evangelical United Brethren Church in Rodney and Rodney United Church. It formed part of a single-point pastoral charge from 1968 to ca. 1980 when it joined Knox Church in West Lorne to form West Elgin Pastoral Charge. West Elgin Pastoral Charge closed June 15, 2004 and the two churches formed separate single-point charges. Calvary United Church is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.
Calvary Memorial Evangelical United Brethren Church was created in 1949 through the amalgamation of two Evangelical United Brethren congregations, Immanuel Church in Churchville [Aldborough], Ontario and Zion Church in Rodney.Rodney Evangelical United Brethren Circuit was named in 1923 as a successor to the Aldborough Evangelical Church Circuit. The Circuit took in preaching places in Aldborough Township, Ontario at Rodney and Middle Street, Aldborough [Churchville]. Initially a part of the Elgin Mission (1861), the Aldborough area was home to German-speaking farmers. A separate Aldborough Mission was established by the Evangelical Association in 1885, and it later was promoted to the status of a Circuit.The EUB Church in Rodney was built in 1898 to house a congregation of German-Canadians, which had been established in the village in 1890.
Rodney United Chuch was established in 1925 when a minority of the local Presbyterian Church in Canada congregation decided to join the new United Church. Their place of worship was opened in 1927.
New Glasgow, Ontario is located four miles from Rodney, where Presbyterians began ministering in 1875. The United Church there dates from the Union of 1925.