Showing 19500 results

People and organizations

Kingston Junior Chamber of Commerce

  • Corporate body

The Jaycees is a service organization which organizes several community projects such as the Santa Clause Parade, Over the Hill Derby and the Citizen of the Year Program.It also conducts individual development projects including effective speaking, committee management, salemanship and other courses, often open to the public. The original organization meeting of the Junior Chamber of Commerce occurred in Kingston, January 20, 1945, and after discussions with the Kingston Chamber of Commerce a constitution was drawn up and adopted on February 9. In 1947 the organization received its charter from the Junior Chamber of Commerce of Canada. During its first five years, Kingston Jaycees' major interest was in civic government by sponsering "Get-Out-To-Vote" campaigns, support of municipal candidates and regular attendance of city council meetings.

Trinity United Church (Hannon, Ont.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1925

Trinity United Church, Hannon was established 1925 when Trinity Methodist Church joined the United Church of Canada

Trinity Methodist Church was established in 1874; in 1925 it joined the United Church of Canada

Elfrida United Church was established in 1925; in 1960 it joined with Trinity United Church, Hannon, to form Trinity-Elfrida Pastoral Charge; the Church closed in 1991

Sparta United Church (Ont.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1925-2012

Sparta United Church was established in 1925; formerly Methodist. It formed part of a two-point charge with Union United Church until 2011 when Union closed. Sparta United Church held its final service on October 21, 2012.

Little Britain Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

  • Corporate body

Little Britain Pastoral Charge was established in 1925; it included Valentia, and Pleasant Point. Mariposa Bible Christian Circuit was established in 1862; it included Little Britain and Zion and joined the Methodist Church (Canada) in 1884. Little Britain Bible Christian Church was established in 1871; in 1884 it joined the Methodist Church (Canada). Little Britain Methodist Circuit was established in 1884; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. Little Britain Methodist Church was established in 1884; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. Little Britain United Church was established in 1925. Valentia United Church was established in 1925; it was part of Little Britain Pastoral Charge.

Trinity United Church (Newmarket, Ont.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1925-

Trinity United Church was established in 1925; formerly Methodist

Newmarket and Aurora Wesleyan Methodist Circuit was established circa 1855; it was discontinued in 1868 when Newmarket became an independent station

Newmarket Wesleyan Church was established circa 1855; it joined the Methodist Church Canada in 1884

Newmarket Methodist Church was established in 1884, formerly Wesleyan Methodist; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925

Trinity-St.Paul's United Church (Toronto, Ont.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1980-

Trinity-St.Paul's United Church was established in 1980 when St. Paul's-Avenue Road United Church and Trinity United Church joined together in the Trinity building, located at 427 Bloor Street West (corner of Bloor and Robert streets, just west of Spadina Avenue). It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Trinity United Church was established in 1925; formerly Methodist. Trinity Methodist Church was established in 1887; originally known as Western Methodist Church. The church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. It joined with St. Paul's-Avenue Road United Church to form Trinity-St.Paul's United Church in 1980.

St. Paul's - Avenue United Church was located on Avenue Road at Webster Avenue, just south of Davenport Road in Toronto, and combined former Methodist and Presbyterian congregations when establihsed in 1930. It joined with Trinity United Church to form Trinity-St. Paul's United Church in 1980.

St. Paul's Methodist Church, located at 121 Avenue Road, began as a Primitive Methodist mission in Yorkville in 1844 on Cumberland Street. In 1867 a new church was built at Yonge and Davenport (St. Paul's Primitive Methodist), and about 1887 the new church was opened at 121 Avenue Road.

Avenue Road Presbyterian, began as a Sabbath School in 1868, locating the following year at Bedford and Davenport roads. In 1898 the Church of the Covenant (so-named in 1893) was built at Avenue Road and Roxborough Street, changing its name in 1906 to Avenue Road Presbyterian.

Both Avenue Road and St. Paul's joined the United Church in 1925, and in 1930 the two were combined as St. Paul's - Avenue Road, and made use of the St. Paul's building. The old Avenue Road church was first taken up by the Christian and Missionary Alliance, and later became the temple of the Hare Krishna movement. St. Paul's - Avenue Road joined with Trinity United to form Trinity - St. Paul's United in 1980.

St. Paul's Centre at Trinity was established in 1974 as St. Paul's Centre at Avenue Road United Church; in 1980 it became part of Trinity-St. Paul's United Church

Trinity United Church (Toronto, Ont.)

  • Corporate body

Trinity United Chuch (Toronto, Ont.) is located at the corner of Bloor and Robert streets, just west of Spadina Avenue. It was opened around 1888, and was originally known as Western Methodist Church. It joined the United Church in 1925, and in 1980 was joined with St. Paul's - Avenue Road Church to form Trinity - St. Paul's United Church, using the Trinity building.

Results 61 to 80 of 19500