Central United Church, located at 135 Wellington Street in St. Thomas, was established 1925, formerly Methodist. Central Methodist Church was established in 1874 and a church building was dedicated on October of that year. In 1897, a new church building was erected. The Reverends H.T. Crossley and J.E. Hunter were closely associated with the hcurch and the church was also known as Crossley - Hunter Central Methodist Church for a brief period. It joined the United Church in 1925. It is still an active congregation of the United Church.