Mostrar 19526 resultados

Pessoa/organização

Trinity-St.Paul's United Church (Toronto, Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1980-

Trinity-St.Paul's United Church was established in 1980 when St. Paul's-Avenue Road United Church and Trinity United Church joined together in the Trinity building, located at 427 Bloor Street West (corner of Bloor and Robert streets, just west of Spadina Avenue). It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Trinity United Church was established in 1925; formerly Methodist. Trinity Methodist Church was established in 1887; originally known as Western Methodist Church. The church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. It joined with St. Paul's-Avenue Road United Church to form Trinity-St.Paul's United Church in 1980.

St. Paul's - Avenue United Church was located on Avenue Road at Webster Avenue, just south of Davenport Road in Toronto, and combined former Methodist and Presbyterian congregations when establihsed in 1930. It joined with Trinity United Church to form Trinity-St. Paul's United Church in 1980.

St. Paul's Methodist Church, located at 121 Avenue Road, began as a Primitive Methodist mission in Yorkville in 1844 on Cumberland Street. In 1867 a new church was built at Yonge and Davenport (St. Paul's Primitive Methodist), and about 1887 the new church was opened at 121 Avenue Road.

Avenue Road Presbyterian, began as a Sabbath School in 1868, locating the following year at Bedford and Davenport roads. In 1898 the Church of the Covenant (so-named in 1893) was built at Avenue Road and Roxborough Street, changing its name in 1906 to Avenue Road Presbyterian.

Both Avenue Road and St. Paul's joined the United Church in 1925, and in 1930 the two were combined as St. Paul's - Avenue Road, and made use of the St. Paul's building. The old Avenue Road church was first taken up by the Christian and Missionary Alliance, and later became the temple of the Hare Krishna movement. St. Paul's - Avenue Road joined with Trinity United to form Trinity - St. Paul's United in 1980.

St. Paul's Centre at Trinity was established in 1974 as St. Paul's Centre at Avenue Road United Church; in 1980 it became part of Trinity-St. Paul's United Church

Trinity United Church (Toronto, Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva

Trinity United Chuch (Toronto, Ont.) is located at the corner of Bloor and Robert streets, just west of Spadina Avenue. It was opened around 1888, and was originally known as Western Methodist Church. It joined the United Church in 1925, and in 1980 was joined with St. Paul's - Avenue Road Church to form Trinity - St. Paul's United Church, using the Trinity building.

Ballantrae-Lemonville Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1925-

Ballantrae - Lemonville Pastoral Charge was established in 1925, formerly Methodist

Lemonville Methodist Circuit included Ballantrae and Bethesda; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925

Ballantrae United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist

Lemonville United Church was establisheded in 1925, formerly Methodist

Lemonville Methodist Church was established in the nineteenth century; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925

St. James In The Valley United Church (Val Therese, Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1959-

St. James in the Valley United Church was established in 1959 as part of the Blezard Pastoral Charge with Larchwood Memorial, Dowling and Chelmsford. The congregation held its first service in Val Caron public school on November 22, 1959 and then held services at Hanmer Public Schools No. 1 &2. In 1960, the congregation purchased a building and a manse in the Val Therese community. It is located at 4510 Tate Boulevard. It became a single point charge in 1963.It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Front Road-Point Anne Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva

Front Road-Point Anne Pastoral Charge was formed ca. 1965 when Point Anne Church and Front Road Church joined together. Point Anne United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist.

Delhi United Church (Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva

Delhi United Church was established in 1925; formerly Methodist. Delhi Methodist Church was established circa 1855; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925.

Resultados 141 a 160 de 19526