Mostrando 19541 resultados

People and organizations

Athens United Church (Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1925-

Athens United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. It formed part of Athens Pastoral Charge with Glen Elbe (until ca. 1953) and Addison. The charge would change its name to Athens-Addison Pastoral Charge ca. 1987. The charge disbanded and each congregation formed its own single-point charge in 2013. Athens United Church is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Athens Methodist Circuit was established in 1884 when the Farmersville (Athens) Methodist Episcopal and Wesleyan Methodist joined the Methodist Church Canada; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925.

Farmersville Methodist Episcopal Church was established in 1842; it joined the Methodist Church Canada in 1884. Farmersville Wesleyan Methodist Circuit was established in 1850; it joined the Methodist Church Canada in 1884.

St. John's United Church (Brougham, Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva

St. John's United Church was established in 1925; formerly Presbyterian; it closed circa 1988. St. John's Presbyterian Church was established circa 1940; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925.

Grace United Church (Dunnville, Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva

Grace United Church was established in 1925; formerly Methodist. Grace Methodist Church was established circa 1850; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925.

Tabernacle United Church (Belleville, Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva

Tabernacle United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. Tabernacle Methodist Church was established circa 1810; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. Around 1996 it amalgamated with Holloway Street United Church to form St. Matthew's United Church in the former Holloway Street building.

Trinity Evangelical Association Church (Campden, Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva

The Campden Station of the Evangelical Alliance was initiated when American Alliance preachers came to minister to German-speaking Canadians in the years 1839-1841, in the Black Creek region. A church was erected in the Campden area in 1850, and in 1872 a new church was opened in the village.

Olivet United Church (Kitchener, Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1968-2015

Olivet United Church, located at 47 Onward Avenue in Kitchener, was established in 1968, formerly Evangelical United Brethren. The Olivet Mission of the Evangelical Association began as a Sunday School in Kitchener in 1931, with the church being dedicated in 1936. In 1968 Olivet became a church in the United Church of Canada. It closed June 30, 2015.

Waterloo United Brethren Association of Congregational Churches Circuit

  • Entidade coletiva

The Waterloo Circuit of the United Brethren in Christ had preaching places to German Canadians in West Montrose in Woolwich Township, Bloomingdale, Berlin now Kitchener, Hawksville, Breslau, Bridgeport and Freeport, Ontario, in the 1870s, although by 1915 it had been reduced to Waterloo, Bloomingdale and West Montrose.

Milverton Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva

The Milverton Pastoral Charge includes St. Paul's Church in Milverton and a preaching appointment at Carthage, Ontario. It is a United Church which has a Methodist Church of Canada heritage, and it welcomed members from Burns Presbyterian Church in Canada into its fold at the time of Union (1925).

St. Mark's Evangelical United Brethren Church, also of Milverton, was a successor to the original Evangelical Association in the area, which began a mission to the German-speakers of Milverton as early as 1858. It joined with the United Church in 1968.

Calvary United Church (Rodney, Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1968-

Calvary United Church was created in 1968 through the union of Calvary Memorial Evangelical United Brethren Church in Rodney and Rodney United Church. It formed part of a single-point pastoral charge from 1968 to ca. 1980 when it joined Knox Church in West Lorne to form West Elgin Pastoral Charge. West Elgin Pastoral Charge closed June 15, 2004 and the two churches formed separate single-point charges. Calvary United Church is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Calvary Memorial Evangelical United Brethren Church was created in 1949 through the amalgamation of two Evangelical United Brethren congregations, Immanuel Church in Churchville [Aldborough], Ontario and Zion Church in Rodney.Rodney Evangelical United Brethren Circuit was named in 1923 as a successor to the Aldborough Evangelical Church Circuit. The Circuit took in preaching places in Aldborough Township, Ontario at Rodney and Middle Street, Aldborough [Churchville]. Initially a part of the Elgin Mission (1861), the Aldborough area was home to German-speaking farmers. A separate Aldborough Mission was established by the Evangelical Association in 1885, and it later was promoted to the status of a Circuit.The EUB Church in Rodney was built in 1898 to house a congregation of German-Canadians, which had been established in the village in 1890.

Rodney United Chuch was established in 1925 when a minority of the local Presbyterian Church in Canada congregation decided to join the new United Church. Their place of worship was opened in 1927.

New Glasgow, Ontario is located four miles from Rodney, where Presbyterians began ministering in 1875. The United Church there dates from the Union of 1925.

West Lorne United Church (Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1925-

West Lorne United Church, located at 271 Graham Street in West Lorne, was established in 1925, formerly Methodist and Presbyterian. Wesley Methodist Church in West Lorne was constructed in 1874. The following year, the Presbyterians built a church building in the community and it was later named Knox Presbyterian Church. Both churches joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. In 1926, Wesley and Knox united to form West Lorne United Church. It was a two-point charge with Eagle United Church. In July 1981, West Lorne joined Rodney Pastoral Charge to form a two-point West Elgin Pastoral Charge. West Elgin Pastoral Charge dissolved on June 15, 2004 when Calvary Church in Rodney and West Lorne formed two separate charges. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Eagle United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. The Methodist Church was established in Eagle in the 1870s. It joined the United Church of Canada in 1925 and was a part of the West Lorne: Wesley Pastoral Chage. In 1926, it became part of West Lorne Pastoral Charge. It closed in 1962 with its membership joining West Lorne church.

Sebringville Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1968-

Sebringville Pastoral Charge was formed in 1968 when the Evangelical United Brethen Church joined the United Church of Canada in 1968; it includes Emmanuel United Church in Sebringville and Zion United Church in Rostock. It is still an active pastoral charge of the United Church of Canada.

Emmanuel United Church joined the United Church in 1968 when the Evangelical United Brethren and the United Church of Canada were united. The first Evangelical services in Sebringville to German immigrants took place in 1840. The church constructed there in the 1840s was part of the Evangelical Association Waterloo Mission and later the Huron Mission. By 1883 it was the Sebringville Circuit with preaching places at Sebringville, Fullarton and Stratford. A new church was constructed in the first decade of the twentieth century. In 1946, Emmanuel Evangelical Church became Emmanuel Evangelical United Brethren Church when the Evangelical Church and the Church of the United Brethren joined. Emmanuel United Church closed in 2018.

Zion United Church in Rostock was established in 1968 when the Evangelical United Brethren Church joined the United Church of Canada. Zion Evangelical United Brethren Church in Rostock was established as early as 1864 as part of the Evangelical Association. Rostock was home to German immigrants. The congregation was a preaching place on the Milverton Mission. Zion Evangelical Church was first constructed inand later rebuilt in 1902 and remained in the Milverton Charge until 1968.

Resultados 101 a 120 de 19541