Affichage de 19531 résultats

Personne/organisation

Guelph Harmony Club

  • 52
  • Collectivité
  • 1943-2005

The Harmony club was established in 1943 and functioned as a dance club with styles ranging from waltzes, fox trots and square dances. Early organizers included James Richmond and Mac Ferguson with Ed Young serving as first chairperson in 1947. The first dances occurred at the Sons of England Hall near St. George's Square. Eventually the club moved to Old Fellows Hall and Orange Hall on Albert Street and Waterloo Avenue respectively. The club's final activities where held at Eden Mills Community Hall.

In addition to dances, the club participated in organizing showers, gatherings to celebrate weddings, birthdays, picnics, euchres and even baseball games. Membership fees were charged to attend the dances often to help pay for the live bands and to raise money for various charities the club donated to. Membership consisted largely of Guelphites, but over time it grew to include interested individuals from Fergus, Cambridge and Hamilton. In the beginning the club held a membership of about 75 persons. At one point membership reached about 200.

Unfortunately the club was unable to maintain its membership and disbanded in 2005.

Angada Children's Foundation

  • Collectivité

A Children's Hospital Fund Raising Committee had been established in 1951, two years before the Angada Children's Hospital opened its doors to patients. In 1954, this committee was disbanded and the Angada Children's Hospital Committee was formed for the purpose of liaison and public relations contact between the hospital and the community. In 1956, the Angada Children's Hospital Committee submitted its first report to the Annual Meeting of the Board. Two years later, in 1958, terms of reference were given to the Committee with the following three functions: raising of outstanding capital funds required for the Angada Children's Hospital by conducting yearly fundraising campaigns, co-ordination of any business concerning the Children's Hospital other than that of an Administrative or Medical nature, and promotion of good will in this community and in the surrounding area. In 1975 a finance sub-committee with representatives from the Angada Children's Hospital and the Hotel Dieu Hospital was set up to advise on the expenditure and to set up guidelines for the function of this committee. In 1984 the Department of Paediatrics moved to the Hotel Dieu Hospital, and the Angada Children's Hospital Committee changed its name to Angada Children's Committee. In 1987 yet another name change occurred, this time the committee renamed itself to Angada Children's Foundation while retaining its identity and function.

Kingston General Hospital. Medical Advisory Committee

  • Collectivité

Established in 1942 as the Medical Conference Committee and renamed the Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) in 1959, the MAC is the primary liaison between medical practitioners and Hospital administration as required by the Public Hospitals Act. It's main function is to advise the CEO and Board of Governors of administrative and medical issues of concern to the medical staff, including patient care, medical procedures, staff appointments, accreditation and medical education. A Chairperson administers the MAC with the assistance of the MAC Executive Committee. The Committee receives and acts on the recommendations of its subcommittees at monthly MAC meetings. The subcommittees have included: Ambulatory Clinics, By-Laws, Cardiac Arrest, Credentials, Infection Control, Isotope, Joint KGH/HDH Laser Committee, Patient Records, Operating Room, Outpatient Procedures, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Quality Assurance and Resource Review. Over the years, the names of these subcommittees have changed slightly, new committees have been formed, and old committees disbanded as needed.

Kingston General Hospital. Department of Medicine

  • Collectivité

The Department of Medicine is a department of Kingston General Hospital and the Queen's University Faculty of Health Sciences. The joint department was formed in 1920, following a reorganisation of hospital services in response to staff members returning from World War I. Dr. W.T. Connell moved from Pathology & Bacteriology and took over as Chief of Medicine at the Hospital and Head of the Department at Queen's. Medicine is the largest department within the Queen's University Faculty of Health Sciences. Its personnel are dispersed amongst 3 teaching hospitals: Kingston General (KGH), Hotel Dieu (HDH) and St. Mary's of the Lake (SMOL). Its clinical activities provide a setting for education and the data for research projects in addition to providing patient care. The Department of Medicine offers undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education programs and staff conduct research in their specialized areas. The Department is administered by a Department Head who is responsible both to the hospital Chief of Staff and to the Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences. As Physician-in-Chief, he is supported by two hospital Deputy Chiefs at Kingston General and Hotel Dieu and as Head by an Academic Deputy Head. The Physician-in-Chief reports regularly on the quality of patient care provided by the department, reviews departmental privileges, participates in policy-making and planning and identifies resource needs. Directors administer the undergraduate, residency training and research programs as well as finance functions. Standing Committees in the department have included Executive, Residency Executive, Subspecialty Residency Training, Resources, Research Advisory, Planning, Staff/student Curriculum and Nominating. Divisions in the Department of Medicine include: Allergy & Immunology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Internal Medicine, Geriatrics Haematology, Nephrology, Neurology, Rheumatology and Respirology. A chairperson who reports to the department head directs each division. Divisions that offer inpatient services have a service chief position. Divisions with Royal College-accredited training programs have a program director that assumes responsibility for postgraduate training.

Nurses' Training School of the Kingston General Hospital

  • Collectivité

The Kingston General Hospital School of Nursing was founded in 1886 as the Nurses' Training School of the Kingston General Hospital. The School of Nursing was established to provide the Hospital with trained nurses, who had been seriously lacking prior to this date. Under the leadership of the Nursing Superintendents the School of Nursing expanded both in size, organization and educational quality. In 1964, the School moved to it's own building (presently the Louise D. Acton Building). By 1967 the Nursing School was a separate entity from the hospital. Following the introduction of the government's policy transferring diploma nursing to community colleges in 1973, the Kingston General Hospital School of Nursing was closed, graduating its last class in 1974. Having been a key centre for nursing training within the Eastern Ontario region for over 80 years, the Kingston General Hospital School of Nursing was incorporated into St. Lawrence College, also based in Kingston.

Kingston General Hospital. Office of the Vice President, Corporate Services

  • Collectivité

Since it opened in 1835, Kingston General Hospital (KGH) has been administered by a series of Commissioners, Governors, Superintendents, Directors, Executive Directors, Presidents and Chief Executive Officers. These administrators were responsible for the financial and administrative management of the hospital until the responsibilities were delegated to a single office in the 1960’s. Over the last decade, the Vice President’s portfolio has grown beyond finance and administration to include the planning and management of information management. The Vice President’s title has changed over time but continues to reflect the senior management role the office performs to lead and facilitate the functions associated with the collection and provision of financial and clinical information for the operation and management of the hospital. The Vice President’s title has evolved over time, from “Assistant Administrator (Finance)” to “Associate Director (Administration)” to “Assistant Executive Director, Finance” to “Vice President, Finance & Administration” to “Vice President Information & Finance” and most recently to “Vice President, Corporate Services” in 2001. As of 2001, the portfolio that accompanied the Corporate Services designation included Financial Services, Information Management, Materiel Management and Patient Records & Registration.

Kingston General Hospital. President's Office

  • Collectivité

Kingston General Hospital was established in 1845. Prior to 1958, the Superintendent held responsibility for the Hospital's administration. In 1958, organizational changes occurred that resulted in a change in title from Superintendent to Director. The Director changed to Executive Director in 1972, which was followed with the reorganization of the senior hospital administration in the 1980s when the Executive Director became the President. The position of President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Kingston General Hospital was created in 1984 following a trend in major hospitals in North America to restructure their senior administration along corporate lines in recognition that they were corporate entities. This change came into effect in the summer of 1984. This involved the creation of a number of Vice President positions that reported directly to the President and CEO. In addition, various programs and services have also reported directly to the President & CEO. The President's Office is the main administrative body at Kingston General Hospital. The Board of Directors appoints the President, whose responsibilities are outlined in the By-laws of Kingston General Hospital. By 1989, these responsibilities included acting as the Chief Executive Officer of the Hospital, and as Secretary of the Board of Governors and Board of Directors. He or she was made responsible for the general administration of the Hospital and was required to adhere to hospital policies. The President is accountable for hospital finances and for all employees. He or she is also responsible for ensuring that physicians conform to the rules and by-laws of the hospital as well as governing legislation, and that patients are being properly attended. The President works in co-operation with the Medical Advisory Committee to ensure that the Hospital provides quality care.

Kingston General Hospital. Department of Space Planning

  • Collectivité

Since the early 1960s, planning at the Kingston General Hospital has increasingly become a major administrative function extending beyond the purview of the Chief Executive Officer. In 1958, retired Hospital Superintendent, Fraser Armstrong, oversaw planning specific to the construction of the Connell Wing. In 1965, an Executive Administrative Assistant had planning responsibilities which, by 1968, included 40 construction and renovation projects. In 1972, KGH opened a Planning Office. As Vice President, Donald MacIntyre was responsible for the central control of hospital projects and served as the liaison between the hospital, university, government, and other partners of the Health Sciences Complex until 1975. The office's project management functions evolved further and it came to be known as Planning and Development Office led by a Director. A newly-titled position, Manager of Redevelopment, was established in 1985 followed by Director of Space Planning in 1987.

Gibault, Alfred

  • Personne

Famille Gibault. Famille des régions de Montréal et des Laurentides. Gibault, Alfred; marié à Marie; père de Roméo et Gaston.

Collège catholique Samuel-Genest. Bureau des gouverneurs

  • Collectivité

Bureau des gouverneurs du Collège catholique Samuel-Genest. Fondation, Ottawa, 1979; École secondaire privée Samuel-Genest, incorporation, 1980. Objectifs du Collège : «épanouissement religieux, fierté linguistique, excellence académique, formation personnelle, sociale et culturelle» (C106/2). Objectifs du Bureau : «[régir] les classes de onzième, douzième et treizième années, [veiller au] financement des opérations du secteur privé du Collège [...] s'assurer que la philosophie du Collège soit promue et que l'évolution suive la voie tracée par les quatre objectifs» (Dossiers administratifs CRCCF). Structures du Collège : Bureau des gouverneurs, Conseil des élèves et personnel enseignant. Structure du Bureau : divers comités spéciaux, dont le comité PEP (parents, élèves et professeurs). En 1987, le Bureau des gouverneurs se retire complètement (après l'avoir fait de façon progressive depuis 1984) et laisse la juridiction des classes de onzième, douzième et treizième années au Conseil des écoles séparées catholiques d'Ottawa. Population scolaire : en 1979, 74 élèves; en 1988, 1 047 inscriptions.

Charbonneau, Jean, 1875-1960

  • Personne

Charbonneau, Jean [pseud. Delagny]. Écrivain et traducteur. Montréal (Québec), 1875 - Montréal (Québec), 1960. Marié à Marie-Anna Réaume. Collège Sainte-Marie. Membre : Soirées de famille, 1898-1901; Groupe des Six Éponges, 1894-1895. Membre fondateur, École littéraire de Montréal, 1895-1935. Traducteur, Assemblée législative du Québec, 1935-1951. Membre de la Société royale du Canada, 1935. Publications : Les Blessures, 1912; Des influences françaises au Canada, 1916-1920; L' École littéraire de Montréal, 1935; en collab., Les Soirées du Château de Ramezay, 1900.

Résultats 6501 à 6520 sur 19531