Trinity United Church (Acton, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Trinity United Church (Acton, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1925-

History

Acton United Church, located at 70 Mill Street East in Acton, was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. Methodists were present in Acton (then known as Admsville) as early as 1828. Acton became an appointment of Nelson ciruit in 1834, and then became its own circuit in 1844. The first church was erected tin 1852. Acton Methodist Church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. A new church building was constructed at Mill Street East in 1960. The church was renamed Trinity United Church in 1962. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC