Bekijk archivistische beschrijving
Archief 6C1 N2&51 N - Holy Trinity Church (Anglican), North Gower, Ontario fonds
Title and statement of responsibility area
Holy Trinity Church (Anglican), North Gower, Ontario fonds
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
Title statements of responsibility
CA ON00006 6C1 N2&51 N
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
78 cm of textual records 5 photographs : b&w and col. Service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
Holy Trinity Church (North Gower, Ont.)
In 1829, the first services in North Gower were held in the home of John Samuel Eastman. Holy Trinity Church, North Gower was erected in 1856. A stone structure replaced the small frame building in 1879 and was opened on April 22nd the following year. Bishop J. Travers Lewis consecrated Holy Trinity Church on January 13, 1886. A new brick rectory was built in 1903 and the old was rented out. Bishop Charles Hamilton consecrated the burial ground in 1905. The church was renovated in 1923 and the 50th anniversary of the present church at North Gower was celebrated in 1929. During 1944, Holy Trinity was seriously damaged by fire. While repairs were made, services were held in the United Church and Holy Trinity Church reopened on June 11, 1944. A parish hall was built and dedicated in 1971. The centenary was celebrated in 1979. Holy Trinity Church is in the parish of North Gower with St. John's, Pierce's Corners.
Bereik en inhoud
Fonds consists of records of the activities of Holy Trinity congregation in North Gower, Ontario. It includes vestry records, 1885-1997, service registers, 1906-1985, records of committees and organizations, financial records, property records, special services and events material, correspondence, historiography, service bulletins, newsclippings, lists of parishioners, a scrapbook, and photographs.
Directe bron van verwerving
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of Holy Trinity Church, North Gower.
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal
Plaats van originelen
Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten
Restrictions on access
Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
- Holy Trinity Church (North Gower, Ont.) (Archiefvormer)