Fonds CONG-53 - Elmvale Presbyterian Church (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Elmvale Presbyterian Church (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00313 CONG-53

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1894-1985 and microfilmed 1990 (originally created 1891-1978) (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

81 cm of textual records 2 reels of microfilm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Elmvale Presbyterian Church (Ont.)

Administrative history

Elmvale Presbyterian Church (Ont.) was initially connected with the United Presbyterian Church (Presbytery of Toronto). It began in 1860 under charge of Rev. George Craw who served until 1890. The first church building erected in 1864 was of frame construction and is where the cemetery is now. A second (brick) church was built on Queen Street in 1894 and dedicated in 1895. The congregation of Elmvale Presbyterian Church, Medonte Township and Knox Presbyterian Church (Hillsdale) in Flos Township, Ont. operated with one joint session from 1860 to 1891, then Elmvale operated with its own session afterwards but was part of a two-point charge with Knox. In 1925 the Elmvale congregation voted to remain with the Presbyterian Church in Canada.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of registers, annual reports, minutes and other records of Elmvale Presbyterian Church (Ont.). Microfilmed records consist of; Baptisms (1891-1973); Marriages (1913-1937, 1940-1966); Session minutes (1891-1896, 1899-1934); Communion Rolls (1913-1917, 1918-1926, 1929-1936, 1937, 1946-1947, 1957-1962); Congregational minutes (1902-1921, 1930-1978); Board of Managers minutes (1927-1950, 1970-1978) and Women's Missionary Society minutes (1922-1932, 1945-1956, 1957-1968). Textual records consist of, Annual reports which include marriages and baptisms for 1965, 1967-1977; Session minutes (1935-1976); Orders of Service (1974, 1985); Annual reports (1895-1898, 1903-1904, 1906-1911, 1923, 1962-1964); Board of Managers correspondence (1892-1979) and other records.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Notes Session minutes are restricted for a period of 50 years from the date they were written.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A file list is available. See FA-4000E at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Associated / related material

Accruals

Other notes

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places